Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just a few little things

 THREE QUOTES...

Today my younger siblings were talking about what animals they wanted to be....
Oggie: I would be a walrus..
Erna: Well, then I would be a elephant. No, wait, a polar bear, then I would fight you and eat you.
Oggie: No, cause we would have an underwater battle and I would eat you!
Jbear: Well guess what guys? I would be an Arctic Rhino and eat you both! (Smiles and walks away)
 Oh my. I love my brothers and sisters.  

I am not a blond. Promise. I really do not have blond hair. As my friend  Rye Bread puts it.....

"You are a brunette, with blond moments." That totally describes me. really. I was making a cup of tea the other day, and I put the cup in the in the microwave for 2 minutes, only to realize I forgot the water. jeepers.

And my favorite, from my momma. (I started symphony and didn't have the best first practice)
"This isn't a waste of time. It's just a new use of time."  Oh, thank you. I think moms just have that encouraging thing inside them, and know just what to say at the right time. (Okay, not all the time but most)

TWO PICTURES....



Sometimes, as a  follower of Christ, big sister, daughter, friend, role model, student, writer, musician, cook, bathroom cleaner, ect, ect, I forget about Jesus. "WHAT?!" You might say. Or "How?" But I can get so caught up in the world (looking pretty, being at a high standard in others eyes, stuff.....you get the jist of it...) I lose sight of what matters most. I am a daughter of the Most High King. He is my father. He sent his Son to die for me, and pull me out of the ocean that I was drowning in. He fills me with the Spirit and makes me new and fresh. I don't need to find my worth in the eyes of others, if they hated Jesus, why should I have the slightest inclination that they would love me? This is just an old hotel, and I am a visitor who will be checking out soon. But that also doesn't mean that while I'm here I can't shine like a blazing fire, waiting in anticipation for the day I will be with Christ. I can share His love with others in this world, and proclaim His name to all the ends of the earth.

Whenever I look at the stars, I feel this engulfing sense of awe towards my God. The God who created this, created me. And not only that, he loves me. God paints the sky with beautiful colors and the entire universe is his canvas. And it makes me super excited, because if there is something this beautiful in the sky right now, can you imagine how many billion times better heaven will be?!


AND ONE VIDEO...(or two)

This is weird, and entertaining at the same time. But because I live in a state with LOTS of corn I found it amusing, and you might too....maybe..


And if you really really want to waste your time right now, Here is one more. But Beware. It is a waste of time. And it will be stuck in your heads. And if your siblings watch it, they will not stop singing it. (I know from experience. Not funny.) So just watch it once.


~Bugg~

No comments:

Post a Comment