Friday, March 14, 2014

Just for Fun and Stuff

I'm just going to put down for the blogging record that this post is a brain ramble that I am doing just on a complete whim for the fun of it.
I have come to the conclusion that often I  (even unconsciously) do things like write, speak, dress, converse and act in a 'people-pleasing' sort of manner.
I find myself acting in a way contrary to my own personality just because I want to fit in with the people around me.
But God sees the heart.
Not the outward actions.
If I look perfect on the outside, but on the inside all I worry about is my next outfit, how to speak so I come across as witty and intelligent and do all things to glorify myself in the eyes of man, what good is that?
I want to my life to be glorifying to God starting from the inside and working out.
Because honestly, who cares what the world thinks? 
Not God.
As believers we are have citizenship elsewhere. This is not our universe and we are here for only a short while.
So....don't be ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Yell it from the rooftops. (okay, maybe not, but you get the picture)
I know I need to be better about speaking the words of life. Not just thinking that smiling and being courteous to people is the equivalent of witnessing face to face about the wrath of God that condemns all mankind to hell and the amazing grace of redemption He has given. And I am really honestly talking to myself, because I NEED to do this. I am not sharing the gospel like I should because the fear of man is holding me back. How foolish that looks as I write it, and it's humbling.
That I wouldn't take every opportunity to sing praise to the wonderful, faithful, gracious, redeeming God that created the universe just because I am afraid of the response a mere person may give me. ugh.
 the fickleness of my flesh. I don't know if you ever realize it, but I know I find my human nature to be quite aggravating in many different situations.

However, I don't to bore you with my frustrations.
 I would much rather dwell on the creativity of God.
HIS CREATIVE GENIUS IS SO UNFATHOMABLY AMAZING.
(that really did all have to be in caps)
 The frailty and fragrance of a freshly bloomed spring flower.
He invented that. And created it.
Hands.
He made those too.
Jellyfish.
I have a strange infatuation with these creatures. I think they are such a testimony to God's intelligence in designing all things.
Sunsets and rises.
Every detail, our God attends to. From the rising of the sun to it's sinking into the horizon, He controls all things.
Love. God is love. Although He is a jealous God who has fiery wrath and is full of justice, there is a time when we need to stop. And just dwell in the lavishes of His mercy on His children and the love He poured out through His son. Because it is a beautiful thing.

~Bugg

No comments:

Post a Comment