Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wait


This is one of my favorite pictures. My parents and I were having a photoshoot on the dock and we got quite a few photos, some good, some, well...memorable, and by the time I told them to go hold hands on the very edge, we were all laughing, and making funny faces and having a good time. But, that's not the only reason that I like it.
It reminds me of what I'm waiting for.
It reminds me that purity and romance go hand in hand. That in perfect time, if it's in God's plan for my life, He'll bring someone. And until then, I already have true love that will never let me go.
Christ's love is all sufficient. He is who my heart should pursue all the days of my life, and I will be the first to admit that it can be such a fight. The world tells all single people to hurry up because life is ticking by and you don't know what might happen. It says that you need to try lots of different things, date as many people as you want and just have a good time because otherwise you don't really know what there is to offer.
Do we not trust that the Creator of Life knows exactly the right way? Do we not stop and look and perhaps see what He has to say?
Not many people do.
In 1st Timothy 4:12 you see the instructions for young people to be examples in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity. In Matthew 6:33 you see how we are told to seek first the kingdom of God.
And in 2 Corinthians we are told what real love looks like. It's patient, kind, not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude. It's a love that serves, and is much harder than the fluffy teddy bear love so easy to grab. True love for others is a battle and struggle. Sounds a bit different than the offer the world gives, doesn't it?
The world offers love that feels good, makes you happy...for a moment. Then, as soon as it came, it fizzles away into painful regrets and fleeting memories.
 I don't know about anybody else, but as the daughter of the Most High King, I so desire to make the ambition and love of my heart revolve around the God who saved me from an eternity apart from his goodness.
~Bugg

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great reminder! Thank you so much Bugg<3 And then Mike last night also talked about it... and I was like "wow!" (double wammy;) Love you so much thanks for posting! -Becca

    ReplyDelete