Monday, January 26, 2015

Fragments



If I am zealous
Cause others to be jealous,
Lord, of what I have in You.
And if I am broken
Help me to hope in
Your words: everlasting and true.

If I am doubting
Save me from drowning
In the stormy waves of life.
If I'm filled with anger
Let me not languor
In the bitterness and strife.

If I'm forgetful
And I start to stumble
Down a path all alone,
Won't you come find me,
Lead me and guide me
Bring me back; all the way home?

If I am peaceful
Not thinking of evil
Or the worries to come,
Then Lord, keep me joyful,
Patient, and hopeful
Until my days are done. 

Just a little something that I wrote last night. 
I'm kinda a wishful poet/songwrite at heart except for the fact that my poetry really isn't very formal and melody is pretty much completely non-existent. Mind that I said wishful. 
Wishing you a lovely week!
~Bugg

1 comment:

  1. Kaylee, that was so good!
    Thank you for sharing those beautiful words with us. I'm praying them along with you.
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete