Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So I haven't blogged in awhile...

I really don't know where to start.
The beginning is always good except for the fact that I don't remember where I left off.
So defeated is the purpose of beginning at the beginning because I don't recall where the beginning is to begin with.
Maybe I should try something classic.
Once upon a time there were two important things you needed to know before you began to struggle through reading a blog post by an injured and sore writer. (to be explained in a few minutes if you choose to stick around)
1. This is going to be a long rambling post so if you aren't in the mood for that you are free to hit that little red x in the corner of your screen or find a more easily read website such as facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter or pinterest. your choice.
2. There will probably be no pictures in this post. That may seem an unnecessary detail, but I find it important. Blog post without pictures are my pet peeve but there are no pictures on this computer that would apply with what I am actually going to write about (which in case you were wondering I have no idea where this post is going) so I am sorry. really.

And now I will go classic again.
Once upon a time it was summer.
And summer flew by quickly. way too quickly.
How it goes so fast I have no idea. I am months away from being a legal, on my own driver, which will be wonderful. wonderful. wonderful.

So here is a shortish view of my life lately.
My 4 year old sister thinks she is Prince John from Robin Hood.
We swim all the time.
We have had a lot of fun times with out of town friends.
Movie nights. Inception. Yikes.
VBS at a local park. 
 And I am currently excited for lots of fresh cherry desserts.
If only I could motivate myself to pit all the hundreds of cherries.
It wouldn't be a bad idea because I can do it sitting down and not hobbling around on my crutches.
Which is probably a story you would like to hear, right?
I thought so.
Soccer is a very fun sport. So is volleyball. Both sports have a ball with similar size and weight. Both sports have a similar passion to injure me. Specifically my face. So around here I have gained a reputation of getting hurt, but always in a comical, brush it off manner.
But not yesterday.
(And to clarify, I'm not using crutches because I hurt my face. that would be weird.)
Yesterday we were playing soccer with about 30ish people. (yes, it's possible)
So to make a long story some what short, of course I would trip, land funny on my leg, have someone land on it and stay on top of it while I try to stand up resulting in a twisted/sprained (and let's not mention painful) knee.
But to look on the bright side, it was me and not one of my brothers, I get to use crutches without breaking a bone AND even though it was prior knowledge I got a fresh realization that I have FANTASMAGORICAL (a fantastic, magical, wonderful word not to be over used in any occasion but saved especially for the appropriate moment or person. if you are worried about using it, don't be. when the moment is right, trust me, you will know.) friends who were so very kind to stop the game, ask in concerned voices how I was, get me water, ice, ask me again how I was doing, wrap my knee, help me sit down, ask me again if I was still okay, carry me to the car, and continue to ask me how I was doing even later that night once I was home.
But the most touching thing was that they prayed. That God has given me friends who will pray for me is makes my heart weighty with gratitude and heavy with thankfulness.
Which is a segway to what I would like to dwell on next.
God is good.
Which may seem like something, especially if you live in a Christian household, that is said all the time and perhaps too much too lightly.
Because if you think about God, about our world, about heaven, about hell, about suffering, about joy, about worship, and the real life of being a follower of Christ and the ups and downs that come with that and let that simmer in your mind for a while and then read again;
God is good,
it resonates a bit differently.
Because in all honesty as a real person who really struggles,
it doesn't always feel like that.
and yet it has always been true, it is true as my fingers type and your eyeballs read and it will be true after you wash dishes today, after you fall asleep tonight, and even as somebody feeds you in a nursing home 50+ years from now.
His plans and timing are perfect.
(His plans and his timing are different than ours. higher than ours. much much wiser than ours)
And that is beautiful.
Especially to broken sinful works in progress like myself.
I want to be aware of my failings so I can dwell on His fulfilling.
Because He is faithful.

~Bugg

No comments:

Post a Comment