Monday, April 7, 2014

Ahhhh

Yea, I know. Blog post titles are pretty much not easy to think of.
Anyway, I just wanted to take a quick couple of minutes and spill out a few things. Just ramblings, so bear with me :)
I'm just going to be nice and up front about it.
The fear of man and the cares of this world are very ensnaring. I am so prone to being tossed about by so many dumb, foolish things that won't matter in 10 years, much less for the rest of eternity. Who cares if you are the trendiest dresser? Who cares if you always have something smart and intelligent to say? Who cares if you offend people for the sake of Christ? Isn't He worth it?
And yet the struggle is real. I will be again honest and tell you that I want people to like me. I want to be thought of as smart and fun, strong and personable. And guess what? It makes me prideful. I let what I want other to see in me get in the way of how Christ is shone through my life.
My life is not my own anymore anyway, right?
Having a close relationship with the God who created me and saved me from eternal punishment is more important than anything this world could offer me. Because it is a relationship, and relationships take work. Not just 10 sleepy minutes in the morning and a few thoughts during the day, but a passionate pursuing! Maybe instead of worrying if my outfit is cute, I should worry about the hidden beauties of the heart. Outside charm is nothing, absolutely nothing, if my attitude is selfish, vain and prideful rather than others centered, humble and gentle.Maybe instead of trying to be funny and always having something to say, I should work and strive for a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious before God.
And then stand thankful before His throne because He is not a God who shakes His fist at us every time one of His children has blown it. I'm His child. He's paid for all my shortcomings at the cross. He is a faithful, loving, trustworthy God. How amazing is that?!
~Bugg

No comments:

Post a Comment