Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

Yes, I know  I'm late, and I'm sure you're probably tired of hearing, "Happy Late Valentines Day," but the day does deserve some recognition. :) As I know I have posted on previous V. Days, it is a fantasmagorical holiday that gives you the right to eat chocolate with no guilt, wear pink and red at the same time, and to bake plenty of cookies, cupcakes or whatever floats your boat. It's also very widely considered a very romantic day because it's 'based on love.' Just as a post-valentines reminder to myself, valentines day doesn't have to be romantic just because it's a very lovey day.
John 15:13-17
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends; for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

Ah! To be called a friend of a Holy, Righteous, All-Knowing, Wrathful, Just, Loving God?? To be saved by his mercy because of His great Namesake? That is amazing.

And don't get me wrong, I hope you all enjoyed all the chocolate and valentine's day festivities, (I know I surely did), but it's so good to keep in mind the powerful, incomprehensible love of God

Have a good week everybody!
~Bugg

No comments:

Post a Comment