Friday, March 2, 2012

Another long post :)

And you didn't think I would post again before I left for Africa.....shame, shame....But, here I am!!! Anyway, I was just going to post some things that have so greatly encouraged me in like the past 24 hours.
#1.) God. He is so awe filling. I can't get enough of Him. This trip is already stretching me in ways I never would have thought and very much showing me how much I unintentionally exclude
God in my day to day life. And I'm not even out of the country yet!



#2.) The scripture. Oh yes, convicting, but comforting at the same time.
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
    Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(Romans 12:9-21 ESV)

Ahhhhhhh... there goes a sigh of frustration and joy, because I KNOW I am not like this all the time. Sin just latches onto me, and if I give the slightest inclination that I am giving in, it sinks its nasty claws in deeper and fill me with the nastiest poison. Fear will gnaw at my mind, creating a void of unknowing-ness, but I have HOPE!!! I will rejoice with my savior because he crushed the serpents head, and defeated death! And I want to be like Jesus. Oh so badly I want to be like him. And so this verse gives me joy because I can follow his example and be a servant of all. I want to abhor what is evil, and cling to what is good. God is so powerful and merciful he can take the dirty, dingy sinner that I am, and polish me and sand me down, and refine me into vessel  fit to serve in his kingdom.

#3.) My friends. Oh my. God has given such good friends that fill me with buckets of joy! I can just giggle thinking about them. And Sunshine, my 'sister' friend, is going to Africa with me! Her brothers left a awesome comment on the last post, and that was so sweet to read... Thanks guys! And then my friend Noah gave an awesome card yesterday and reminded me that God picks me up when I am down, and shows me his love. Thanks Noah! My friend Z is such a witness to me, and her servanthood and love towards the people she is serving right now is such a testimony to Christ. I want to have her ability to die to self someday. And then there are all my other friends and that is  so many people that that I could probably just write a whole blog on them all. :)





#4.) This quote: "God has called us into the joyous ministry of giving His love away to others." ~Don Lessin.

#5.) My mommy and dad. I LOVE them. They are such a blessing in my life, and now that I am going to a place where not a lot kids have mom or dad, I am just beginning to realize how much they really mean to me.

Well, I could probably write more, but because I already wrote one lengthy post this week, I'll free you of the reading and sign off now. I am about 99.99% sure that this is the last post before I come back from Africa, but there is always the .01% chance, so, goodbye for now!!
~Bugg~

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. :) Yeah, for some reason, when I was leaving my comment on your last post, the iPad wouldn`t let me leave my signature or even type anything after awhile. It was kinda weird. But, anyway, again, I will be praying and I hope you guys have a blessed, faith-stretching trip. And don`t gross out Sunshine TOO much on the plane. ;) :D


    --Rye Bread

    ReplyDelete