Thursday, November 17, 2011

A post about...

Music!! Tomorrow I am going to be in Jr. Allstate and I am very excited! I am at the point of I have practiced so much it's getting confused in my head and my finger are on note overload. So, a blogging break is much needed!
     My grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle and cousin sent me balloons for the occasion! That was a fun surprise and ironically it came right before my violin lesson! There was also some candy to weigh them down and you can be sure I ate if FAST! smile.......
  Yes, I am very excited and this is the verse I am going to try and keep in mind for the day I am there.
              Proverbs 150:3-6
Praise Him with a trumpet sound;
     praise him with the lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
    praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
   praise him with loud, clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
   Praise the LORD!

I definitely want to keep that in mind and play for my audience of one! Speaking of music, my friends recently started a band! (two of the members are from the awesome blog, Two Twinkies) Actually, they have had it for a while, but they are starting to play more often. Their name, Something Greater! Whooo Hoo!

They started out as the Crazy Rabid Squirrels, but they weren't getting anywhere with that name, and I like this one much better! They played for the kids' AWANA music last night and here is my sister's comment on their playing!
Me- So, did they do good last night?
Erna-Yea, I liked it.
Me-Okay, give me more. On a scale of 1-10, 1 the worst, 10 the best, how did they do?
Erna-It was probly an 8.
Me-Why?
Erna-They need a girl singer. (she walks away)
As you can see, I didn't get many details out of her, but I think her observation was cute! =) Well, now you are probably dying to hear them play, so here it is. You can also read Rye Bread's (singer) post on it. Here it is! Can't wait until you guys are famous!
Well, that's all the music stuff for 'write' now! =)

~Bugg~

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! I'm so proud of you :) I want to hear how it went :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! I'm sure you'll do awesome! Can't wait to hear about it :) love and miss ya girlie :) <3

    ReplyDelete