Friday, October 21, 2011

Whoa.....

God has been showing me a lot things about him lately, but the one that keeps getting thrown in my face is that he is BIG. Much bigger than I thought he was, which is really rather sad, because I want him to be the biggest part of my life. So, let me try to explain my thought process of what a galactic God we have. I am at a loss though, because there are no pictures or words or videos or anything to describe the hugeness of God. I can only try, (in a pathetic, human, way) to tell you what I am thinking. So, here is a bible verse I read this morning that might help......
    Job 37:1-13
1 “At this also my heart trembles
and leaps out of its place.
Keep listening to the thunder of his voice
and the rumbling that comes from his mouth.
Under the whole heaven he lets it go,
and his lightning to the corners of the earth.
After it his voice roars; he thunders with his majestic voice,
and he does not restrain the lightnings when his voice is heard.
God thunders wondrously with his voice;
he does great things that we cannot comprehend.
For to the snow he says, ‘Fall on the earth,’
likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour.
He seals up the hand of every man,
that all men whom he made may know it.
Then the beasts go into their lairs,
and remain in their dens.
From its chamber comes the whirlwind,
and cold from the scattering winds.
10 By the breath of God ice is given,
and the broad waters are frozen fast.
11 He loads the thick cloud with moisture;
the clouds scatter his lightning.
12 They turn around and around by his guidance,
to accomplish all that he commands them
on the face of the habitable world.
13 Whether for correction or for his land
or for love, he causes it to happen."
    When I read this, I was like, whoa....And to think, I hardly ever throw a thought towards the direction that God has SO MUCH POWER. We are not serving some measly little God here, folks. He is not a little god who's power can be contained in a little wooden or metal figure and then placed on a shelf, just to gather dust. He is a galactic God. He's simply profound, hopelessly merciful, and terrifyingly beautiful. And I love describing him in confusing terms because he can be very confusing. Doesn't he deserve so much more praise then what we as humans think is enough? He created us, but he doesn't even need us. Right now the stars, sun, moon, ocean, sea creatures, flying things, creeping things, land animals, trees, flowers everything is praising his NAME!! It doesn't stop, it's not just worship at church, bible study, and cool christian concerts. I want be praising his name all the time. Which now brings me to show you this crazily cool video. 
You don't have to watch the whole thing, but fast forward to the last 9 minutes or so. You will be BLOWN away. I was. God. is. big. That is all I can say. He constantly amazes me with the blessings and trials he puts in my life. And I am really glad he decided to give me a little peek through verses, videos, studies and more how huge he is.
~Bugg~

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, sissy!!
    We are SO forgetful and it's good to have reminders. :)
    That video was truly incredible...glad I got to be there with you when we both saw it for the first time.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Bugg! Our whole family sat and watched and sang together at the end. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this girlie!! I truly loved the verses you posted as well! That's such a HUGE reminder! GOD. IS. SO. SOOO! BIG. God's creation is SO spectacular! It was awesome seeing the video as a youth group - cause that made it even better!! :DD
    LYAAS!!!

    ReplyDelete